Astrosat is a multi-award winning international space technology company that works on the cutting edge of this quickly developing sector.
You will work on the analysis and visualisation of earth observation data. Our projects focus on environmental problems - such as flood disaster response, tackling illegal deforestation, and peatland protection - and are carried out in collaboration with international partners, including the UK and European Space Agencies, NGOs, and governments across the globe. We need you to help us create products that put the power of earth observation into the hands of our users.
You will be part of a team of data scientists and work closely with software developers, designers, and business developers. The data team works primarily with Python and its open-source ecosystem of geospatial and data science libraries, free and commercial satellite imagery, and ground observations provided by third-parties.
This position is for a full-time permanent position at our office located near Edinburgh. The candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
- 1+ years of commercial experience
- Experience in data analysis
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Excellent knowledge of Python’s data science libraries
- Ability to apply skills to new domains
- Good team player
- Ability to manage own time
- Willingness to travel
Good to have:
- Domain knowledge of field within geosciences
- Experience in geospatial data analysis
- Experience with remote sensing techniques
- Experience with OGC standards
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience in web development
- Experience with modern software development practices
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants will be moved forward to a quick, informal introduction over the phone. They will then be asked to take part in a data analysis and coding test before moving forward to a more formal get together with some of our team