Senior Front-end Developer
Astrosat is a multi-award winning international space technology company that works on the cutting edge of this quickly developing sector.
Our work is wide ranging; from disaster response services in Asia, to environment protection in the Americas. We work with many international partners including NASA, the European Space Agency, governments across the globe and national/international agencies in pursuing these goals.
You will work on projects that focus on mapping and the visualisation of satellite data. The applications of our core technology are numerous, ranging from flood disaster response to the reduction of illegal deforestation. But we need you to help us create mapping applications that put this power into the hands of our users.
This position is for a full-time permanent position at our office located near Edinburgh. The candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
• 1+ years of commercial experience
• Working knowledge of browser technology and cross browser compatibility.
• Experience working with a modern front-end framework.
• Good team player.
• Experience with Git
• Experience with test driven development
• Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to manage own time
• Willingness to travel.
• Interest or experience in React and Elm
• Interest or experience in data visualization and GIS
• Experience with Django
• Experience with Linux command line
• Experience working with VM frameworks (e.g. Vagrant)
• Ability to provide accurate estimates
• Degree in computer science or other quantitative discipline
• Able to speak another language besides English.
If possible, please submit examples of software you have worked on, github repositories, etc.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com